Nereus is a Multi IP/ISDN/X21 Codec in a 1U rack, which can house up to 4 IP audio modules or up to 2 couples of IP + ISDN/X21 modules. These audio modules are based on ProntoNet, so it offers the possibility to extend the number of audio signals provided by ProntoNet. It supports all the main features of ProntoNet, and inherits all the key features from the devopment of ProntoNet, such us widest range of audio compression modes, stability, flexibility and easiness to use.
- Configurable and scalable system : Up to 4 IP modules or any combination of IP with ISDN/X21 modules. Cards can be hot swapped for servicing or maintenance.
- ProntoNet offers fully TCP/UDP/IP connectivity via an Ethernet port.
- IP Multicast, Unicast and Multi-Unicast audio streaming transmission/reception.
- IP Compatibility: SIP/SAP/SDP/RTP/STUN protocols are supported according to the standard defined by the N/ACIP project within the EBU group.
- Prodys NAT Traversal Streaming Protocol permits router firewall pass-through with zero configuration.
- FEC (Forward Error Correction). Up to 24 different schemes are available, to fit to the desired delay and available bandwidth.
- Error Concealment mechanisms on Mpeg audio modes are supported to reduce the impact of packet losses.
- SolidStream by Prodys enables transmission of STL-grade audio quality over inexpensive IP links such as xDSL connections and 3G/4G links.
- Prodys Real time Network Analyzer to monitor critical network parameters in real time during the connection.
- Streaming advance features:
– Automatic Jitter buffer. This adjustable buffer avoids audio dropouts compensating for up to 10 seconds of jitter in the IP connection.
– Automatic synchronization adjustment with the transmitter site rate, to give a constant delay in IP communications.
– User configurable frame size, to give full flexibility when adjusting the delay and bandwidth use.
– Test tools to check the bandwidth, delay and jitter in the IP connection. This information can be used to adjust the streaming parameters and so, to obtain the best-quality in the real-time audio reception.
- X.21 interface available for transmission/reception over leased lines.
- ISDN terminal adaptor available with S/T and U interfaces.
- ISDN Compatibility: Fully compatible with all major audiocodec manufacturers, supporting the most important bonding algorithms: J52, Telos and CCS bonding.
- BackUp System: ISDN as a secondary link for IP/X21.
- Automatic detection of the encoding mode used by the remote unit.
- Independent encoding/decoding operation.
- Auxiliary data along with the encoded audio through two user configurable RS232 ports from 300 to 115200 bps.
- The Ethernet port is used for audio transmission and control. The unit can be controlled remotely from its Web Page or from ProdysControl.
- Additional LAN Management port to split audio and control data flows (optional) or to enable SolidStream over two IP links.
- Local or remotely (TCP/IP) upgrading of one or several units at once using the same utility. Factory software upgrades can be downloaded.
- Call facilities: Auto-redial, call scheduler and log systems.
- N+k Prodys Redundancy Protocol allows K backup IP codecs to provide resiliency for up to N active IP codecs.
- User Access Control to define different access restrictions in a per user basis.
- Configuration presets to define different configurations for all or some specific parameters.
- Up to four user configurable general purpose input-outputs (GPIO). Inputs can be set up to control audio inputs or reset alarms, and outputs can be configured to monitor line status, audio synchronization or alarms, among other options.
- Alarms: Real Time alarms management through SNMP traps, GPO and e-mails
- AC or DC power supply with option for AC or DC redundant power supply.